Saturday, May 15, 2010

New Job

I got a new job! A "real" job! With the SSA actually. But not in Ohio, which is good. After turning down the job in Ohio, a lady from the SSA office here in Spokane called to see if I was still coming in for fingerprinting. I told her no cause I turned down the job and she just asked if I wanted to interview at the Spokane office. So of course I did and she pretty much just offered me the job on the spot at the interview. She really didn't even ask any interview questions. I guess she just figured that since I had already interviewed for the Ohio office and they wanted me, that was good enough! :-p So, a job with the SSA. With a salary. And benefits. Where they expect me to stay for years! I've never had that. This is my first real job, that isn't just a temporary thing. Crazy. So this also means I'll be living here in Spokane for a few years. That's interesting as well. I don't think I was expecting that when I first came out here three months ago. Craziness. I'm excited though. I'm excited to have a salary and the possibility of not stressing about money all the time. :-p And being able to afford trips! Like to Africa with Adam! Hahaha. :-p So that's the update. I start on June 7th. Staying at the Census as long as I can until then cause they said I could and hey, there's not reason to quit early if I can continue to get paid until I start SSA training. Yay! :)

In other news. The weather here in Spokane the last couple of days had been BEAUTIFUL and WARM!!! It's so freaking nice. Finally. :-p

No comments: