Monday, April 19, 2010

Busy!

Today was a busy busy day at work. But it was nice! They trained me to work at the front desk. Which is usually pretty simple, but today being Monday I think it was overly busy. All the FedEx shipping and data entry and manning the phone and just yea. Busy. A nice change from the boredom that was the recruiting desk. And my supervisor is awesome. She purposefully requested I work the front desk because that way I'll be able to stay employed through the entire census operation, whereas most people leave throughout the months as different periods come to a close. I've told her many times that I want to stay employed there as long as possible so it's nice to know she likes me enough to make that happen. :) Then of course she told me she got a call from the SSA about me, as I had put her down as a reference. She's happy because she wants me to get a real (read: permanent) job but I don't know what to do. I guess it's good that they're following up on my references but I really hope they change their mind about the relocation expenses. At this point I just can't afford to move to Cleveland even if they do offer me a job. So hopefully they'll decide to help out a little, since they said that while they can offer relocation expenses they just don't. We'll see. Otherwise things are good. I had fun in Reno with Allie. Lost some money of course, but it was still good times. :) And it's a freaking beautiful day here! Sunny and hot! So glad to see Spring arrive! :)

No comments: