Thursday, July 15, 2010

jobs

So i just got an automated email about a job i applied for back in No-freaking-vember! It was one of the jobs off of USAjobs/AVUE so it's kind of expected... but still. The only difference between this one and the other automated messages I've received from applications on that site is that this one said I was actually found to be eligible! So my app has been forwarded to the hiring manager and in a few more weeks I may here something back. Or not. I don't know what to think. I mean really it's still up in the air and vague. But furthur along than any of the other jobs I applied for off those sites. And it's for USAID in D.C. It's just a secretary position, but it starts at GS-8, which is $10,000 more a year than I get right now with the SSA. But I just started here and it might (*cough* WOULD) be rude to leave so soon. But it would be a better job... in D.C. Who knows. It probably won't go anywhere anyway. I was just so surprised to get the email. November. Damn. Stupid agencies that know their jobs are desired. :-p

No comments: